Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Shitbay for life!

I've been waiting patiently for this, and yesterday it finally happened; two weeks after my return to Sweden the wind decided to play ball.

I was struck by the - to me pretty obvious - fact that it is so much harder to sail here than on Bonaire. The water is a lot less salty, and everything has to be done with more than enough speed, or you'll end up sinking to your knees. This makes it a totally different ballgame, as you really have to adjust your technique to make things work.

I had a lot of fun anyways, and managed to land all my moves (even a couple of doubles!), even though the wind was too unstable, and the water was choppier than I'm used to. The wind was strong by the way, nearly too much for my 4.7, which was a little bit of a contrast to what I've gotten used to over the last three months. I must say that I like marginal or moderate conditions more for freestyle, as you can enjoy the moves more and throw more style into them.

Finally, for those of you who know a few words in Swedish: Check out www.kulingvarning.nu to see my feature from yesterday.

Håkman

No comments: